April is Autism Awareness Month, and April 2 is World Autism Awareness Day! Today’s episode is about building community, raising awareness, and sharing resources. We introduce three resources that have been useful to us in terms of building community and learning more about autism. Log in to hear more about how to get involved, find community, and learn from the wealth of wisdom that has been published online. Join us to hear more today.
Key Points From This Episode:
- Today’s topic: building community, raising awareness, and sharing resources.
- Three different ways you can be a part of the show: leave us a review, call us on thephone, and donate to us via the link on our website.
- The Autism Community in Action and how it can be used as a resource.
- How you can get involved in an upcoming online conference offered by TACA.
- Topics that will be covered at the conference, including therapies, legal planning,research, Spectrum Awakening and more.
- How to use the Spectrum Awakening website as a free resource.
- Autism Speaks and what Heather learned while exploring the website.
- Who created these resources: people who saw a need and wanted to meet it.
- Why these websites are aligned with the goal of the Finding Mikey Podcast.
“We’re fortunate that there’s a plethora of information out there. It’s hard to read through sometimes but those are three really great ones.” — Mike [0:15:05]
“I’m just grateful that these resources are out there because our podcast is about creating community and these websites were developed by people that saw a need and they wanted to create community as well.” — Heather [0:15:18]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode: